Software Engineer – Android
Appeal of the work
- Become a distributor of Wisdom
- Be involved and contribute to the future of Global Education!
- Be part of the team who wants to change the world through education
- Global Team
- Get the chance to meet and collaborate with the best developers from around the world. Quipper has bases in Tokyo, Manila and Jakarta.
- Have the opportunity to go outside the country for international team-visits as we place importance on connecting the team members of each country to improve technical capabilities and teamwork.
- Opportunity to enhance technical skills through the internal open source program for overseas training and conferences
- Development Environment for Productivity
- We at Quipper focus on productivity, so we use services like Firebase and CircleCI for infrastructure, then Zeplin for distributing designs to our engineers, and GitHub for development and issue tracking.
- Quipper makes tools every day to make production more intuitive and convenient. How about sharing your own tools to improve Global Education?
- Learn and review beautiful code. We make sure to produce high-quality code before releasing to the world. Code Reviews and Unit Tests are an integral part of Quipper product development.
- Have a knack for sharing? At Quipper, we practice Pair Programming and have weekly Brown Bag Sessions to distribute wisdom in the team. But if you’re a shy solo developer, that works with us too!
- Work from home. The new normal. You can work from anywhere you want.
- Users-First Agile Product Development
- We are able to do fast-paced service improvements and feature roll-outs with help from everyone at Quipper from marketing, sales, engineers, and designers by active and iterative collaboration through GitHub and Slack.
- Our services and features are developed and improved using factual empirical data. We observe our valuable users by going to schools around the world and listen to their voices and seek what they need and what works for each of them. But if you don’t like going out, we also do App Interaction Analytics, so you know which services are most used!
- Participate in sprint briefing, technical discussion, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospective
- Write maintainable code that conforms to the architecture pattern that the team followed
- Write clear and complete unit tests
- Performing a happy path and bug bash session to minimize bugs before releasing to production
- Manage production release workflow
- Able to understand analytics platforms that the team uses (firebase, redash)
- Good English communication skills and able to express oneself properly
- Solid foundation in Java, proficient in Kotlin is a plus
- Experience working with MVP, MVVM or Clean Architecture (experience in MVI is a plus)
- Knowledge in RxJava and/or Coroutines is a plus
- Experience with Android Jetpack libraries is a plus
- Uses git for source code version control
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with additional 3 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- 12 VL (10VL can be carried over to following year), Unlimited SL for 1 year, Additional benefit to special leave per event (Marriage, paternity, death, hospitalized family member)
- Company-issued item (laptop to be provided upon regularization)
- Promotion opportunities
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Free location policy (support for working temporarily from global offices)
- Government mandated benefits
- Work conditions : Remote work setup