We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Global Product Development team. The Data Scientist will work alongside other data professionals in the Data Intelligence team to develop data models and products to solve business problems. In this role, the Data Scientist will also interact with engineering, marketing, sales, and other teams, in Indonesia, Philippines and Japan, to leverage data in understanding our customer needs and inform our product strategy.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Perform data exploration, cleaning, and modeling using “unstructured/disorganized” data to offer actionable insights to product or business problems
- Enhance data collection and data processes
- Build and validate predictive models
- Build machine learning algorithms in collaboration with senior data experts
- Develop APIs from data science models
- Collaborate with team members from data science and other product development teams to develop data science solutions
- At least 3 years of related working experience in a Data Scientist role
- Proficiency with statistics and predictive analytics
- Familiarity with statistical concepts (i.e. sampling, variance, probability distribution)
- Familiarity with any data science related object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Scala, SQL)
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and practices (i.e. Classification, Regression, Clustering, etc).
- Familiarity with frameworks used for data modeling (e.g. Hadoop).
- Able to arrange undefined sets of data using multiple tools, and build automation into the process
- Ensure that data is clean with zero to minimal duplicates, outliers or errors, so that interpretations will not be erroneous, invalid or skewed.
- Ensure that the output successfully responds to the problem at hand or addresses the goal that the data analysis was conducted to address
- Personal Development:
- Keep abreast of the trends in Data Intelligence best practices and skills through trainings and mentorship programs
- Able to express their ideas and problems to colleagues clearly in English
- Able to report on insights and conclusions from research findings with the stakeholders
- Critical Thinking:
- State own ideas in an effective manner
- Go beyond processing data, identifying actionable insights and implications in relation to the problem from the numbers and patterns analyzed
- Actively collaborate with product partners and stakeholders in group discussions leading up to a data-oriented goal or output
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with additional 3 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- 12 VL (5VL can be carried over to following year), Unlimited SL for 1 year, Additional benefit to special leave per event (Marriage, paternity, death, hospitalized family member)
- Company-issued item (laptop to be provided upon regularization)
- Promotion opportunities
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Free location policy (support for working temporarily from global offices)
- Government mandated benefits
- Work conditions : Remote work setup