Job description and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product Management to achieve Squad goals through timely delivery of done feature increments
- Manage release timelines and provide visibility to stakeholders on the status of feature increments
- Accountable for maintaining code quality and production health for all Components in a Squad's scope
- Acts as the Agile Coach or Scrum Master for a cross-functional Feature Squad
- Accountable for productivity and performance of the Squad in delivering done feature increments
- Ensure sustainable delivery pace by managing the Squad resource capacity
- Continue to contribute small feature increments and do code analysis as necessary without slowing down the Squad
- Participate in recruitment and performance assessment of Engineering team members
- Supervise all Engineers in the Squad (doing periodic 1 on 1s, individual goal setting, performance feedback)
- Other administrative people management duties as necessary
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 4+ years of experience in developing software applications
- 2+ years of experience in leading or managing software development teams
- Proficient with one or more agile software development methodologies (XP, Kanban, Scrum, DSDM, etc).
- Proficient with software development and engineering practices and processes (Software Development Lifecycle, DevOps, Lean software development).
- Familiarity with project and team management-related practices for scoping, estimation, monitoring, resource management, and communications.
- Familiarity with the management of distributed/global teams.
- Familiarity with lean software development practices.
- Sets a high standard with the Squad for code quality and production health.
- Keenly aware of Squad development progress and issue resolution efforts.
- Proactively addresses development roadblocks and identifies engineering practice improvements.
- Understands Engineering team member roles and skillsets and identifies development needs.
- Seeks out opportunities to learn new team and people management skills.
- Clearly communicates context, objectives, and expectations to the Squad.
- Surfaces Squad concerns the right Product partners and stakeholders.
- Clearly share a delivery timeline, feature scope, and technical hurdles to Product partners.
- Makes good, informed decisions around technical tradeoffs in consultation with Engineers.
- Efficiently guides the team to achieving objectives for technical discussions such as analysis and design sessions.
- Ensures balanced Squad discussions that bring out the best ideas.
- Challenges and motivates the Squad to achieve goals on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrates empathy for Engineering team concerns.
- Strong interpersonal, intrapersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
Technologies and tools used at Quipper:
- Language: Kotlin, Ruby, Golang, TypeScript, etc.
- Framework: Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, etc.
- Database: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
- Remote work setup
- Flexible working hour
- Work with Quipper global employees (Japan and The Philippines)