Senior Performance Test Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Performance Test Engineer capable of improving the reliability of our global e-learning products.
As a part of the QA team, the Senior Performance Test Engineer is expected to identify any potential performance issues that developers may need to fix, define and improve guidelines and best practices, and be involved in discovering the root problem of the performance issue and making a specific suggestion for improvement.
Job description and responsibilities
- Lead performance test activities
- Create test plans, test scenarios, and automated test scripts for performance testing (regardless of environment level)
- Perform load tests to validate system performance and stability.
- Analyze tests results and work with Developers and Engineers to perform bug fixes.
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability.
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues, bottlenecks and suggest corrective actions.
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
- Evaluate system performances and recommend improvements.
- Generate periodic performance reports for management review.
- Understand categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection.
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle.
- Good English communication skills and ability to express oneself properly
- Has experience in writing clean code (Python, Scala, Java)
- Has solid skills for debugging to identify defects in code and fix them
- Has at least 3-5 years of testing experience
- Uses git for source code version control
- Professional work experience in automated testing of RESTful APIs and web services
- Professional work experience in performance testing using at least one of the following:
- Capable of training test automation engineers in the team
- Creating a dashboard/report to view the resource usage/consumption
- ISTQB foundation level
- Failure testing experience is desirable
- Infrastructure knowledge
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins)
Technology / Tools that We are Using
- Locust for Backend Load Testing
- Espresso for Android Instrumentation Test
- Firebase Test Lab
- Docker and Kubernetes
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with additional 3 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- 12 VL (10VL can be carried over to following year), Unlimited SL for 1 year, Additional benefit to special leave per event (Marriage, paternity, death, hospitalized family member)
- Company-issued item (laptop to be provided upon regularization)
- Promotion opportunities
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Free location policy (support for working temporarily from global offices)
- Government mandated benefits
- Work conditions : Remote work setup