Senior Software Engineer (Web)
Appeal of the work
Quipper has bases in London, Tokyo, Manila, and Jakarta. Our members across the world work together using GitHub and Slack. We also place importance on connecting the team members via visits to the offices in each country and seeing one another face-to-face as well as through a company-wide meeting every other week.
・Product Development Focused on Users
In developing a product, we think it’s important to keep improving the overall service by observing the user reactions and making small modifications. People in marketing and sales, as well as designers and producers also often discuss and review the services on GitHub.
Our engineers and designers go around schools in the world, listen to the voices of users, and seek for a UI that is globally adapted and easy for anyone to use, and a UX that works fast with any line in the world for a more enjoyable learning overall.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Empathy with our mission “Distributors of Wisdom” and “Revolutionizing Distribution of Knowledge,” and for our style of Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in developing software applications
- For back-end engineers: Experience in development using Ruby on Rails or Golang
- For front-end engineers: Experience in developing rich front-end such as ReactJS or NextJS
- For full-stack engineers: Experience in developing both back-end and front-end
- Experience in lead technical design of feature increments
- Experience in lead code analysis to identify issues and optimize for performance
- Responsible for code quality and production health of all components in scope for their squad
- Acts as the technical person-in-charge for the squad in absence of an Engineering Manager
- Provide technical advice as a subject matter expert for the features in scope for the Squad and in their field of expertise
- Mentor Engineers in matters of technical proficiency
- Adaptive (easily adjusts to sudden changes)
- Strong interpersonal, intrapersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- [Current] Remote work setup
Technologies and tools used at Quipper
- Language: Ruby, Golang, TypeScript, etc.
- Framework: Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, etc.
- Database: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with additional 3 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- 12 VL (10VL can be carried over to following year), Unlimited SL for 1 year, Additional benefit to special leave per event (Marriage, paternity, death, hospitalised family member)
- Company-issued item (laptop to be provided upon regularization)
- Promotion opportunities
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Free location policy (support for working temporarily from global offices)
- Government mandated benefits
- Work Conditions : Remote work setup