Technical Product Manager – Mobile
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager capable of owning and ensuring the reliability and maintainability of our e-learning platform.
As a part of the product leadership team, a Technical Product Manager is expected to manage the technical parts of the product strategy and form close working relationships with development, engineering, and infrastructure teams. S/he should have the technical acumen and deeper familiarity with the nuances and inner workings of the engineering organization, they are better able to properly assess whether engineering estimates are correct, review technical specifications, architecture plans, and participate in security, performance and stability improvement activities.
Job description and responsibilities
- Uncover and understand the customer-facing requirements from service product managers and translate them into technical requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the EdTech industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Support the senior engineering manager to prioritize the analysis of Android/iOS features adoption based on user-facing product roadmap from the service product managers.
- Follow competitors and conduct capability-oriented analysis regularly.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product when necessary.
- Serve as a native platform advisor and subject matter expert to our customer-facing service product managers.
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- At least 3 years of related working experience in technical product management with deep understanding of performance and stability on native application (Android/iOS) or adjacent experience including working with software engineering teams.
- Familiar with Android OS and iOS features based on their respective OS version
- Experience with APIs, automation and vendor integrations would be desirable.
- Experience in making the most of mobile platforms like firebase would be a plus.
- Experience in agile software management and development (i.e. scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members across the Japan, Philippines, and Indonesia
- Strong interpersonal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong data analysis skills (statistical hypothesis testing, data retrieval & reporting) and problem-solving aptitude
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical Field
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with additional 3 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- 12 VL (5VL can be carried over to following year), Unlimited SL for 1 year, Additional benefit to special leave per event (Marriage, paternity, death, hospitalized family member)
- Company-issued item (laptop to be provided upon regularization)
- Promotion opportunities
- Flexible working schedule
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Government-mandated benefits
- Work conditions : Remote work setup