Android Test Engineer
Quipper has bases in London, Tokyo, Manila, Jakarta, and Mexico City. Our members across the world work together using GitHub and Slack. We also place importance on connecting the team members via visits to the offices in each country and seeing one another face-to-face as well as through a company-wide meeting every other week.
・Development Environment for Productivity
The engineering at Quipper is focused on productivity. We often use external services such as Fabric, Firebase, and CircleCI for infrastructure which reduces time and effort to operate, in order to streamline management. We have a culture that does not tolerate inconvenience and develops tools every day to make our work more efficient. Practicing pair programming and code reviews allows us to produce good quality code and collectively improve our engineers’ skills. We're also making sure that the code we write are tested thoroughly.
・Product Development Focused on Users
In developing a product, we think it’s important to keep improving the overall service by observing the user reactions and making small modifications. People in marketing and sales, as well as designers and producers also often discuss and review the services on GitHub.
Our engineers and designers go around schools in the world, listen to the voices of users, and seek for a UI that is globally adapted and easy for anyone to use, and a UX that works fast with any line in the world for a more enjoyable learning overall.
- Get involved during the planning phase and work with product managers and designers to understand their objectives
- Write automated tests and reproduce core feature bugs using code
- Run test suites, analyze failures, and escalate issues to the development team
- Recommend tools/technologies we can use to have the best test framework that suits our platform
- Plan for further expansion and application of testing environment to web applications
- Setup and maintain an Android automated testing environment
- Able to break software by finding bugs
- English conversation skills/ or desire to improve it
Technologies / Tools we use at Quipper:
- Competitive salary
- Monday to Friday schedule
- Young, fun, dynamic team
- Casual dress code
- Work with an international team of world class developers
- Opportunities to learn various development tools
- Health insurance coverage
- Full time employment
- Free location policy (support for working temporarily from global offices)