QAQC of either non-video or video content.
- Can be assigned to manage (or partly manage) the quality assurance of any types of content regardless of subjects.
- Can be assigned to independently manage at least one small size project (with up to 15 team members each)
- Support content managers in quality assurance as assigned.
For the assigned project(s), may be expected to
- Define the goals and timeline
- Work with other teams (content development, production, academic, creative teams) and project owners as required
- Achieve target outputs according to timeline and resources
- Ensure content meets quality standards before release.
- Coordinate with the production team in matters of error reports, validation, fixing.
- Maintain proper documentation of processes and guidelines
- Manage and communicate ongoing changes in tasks, goals, or performance.
- Monitors problems, propose solutions, and implements changes as necessary
- Produce analysis and reports on content quality, with the purpose of tracking and improving content output quality as well as processes.
Contribution to the overall performance of the content department
- Work with the content development team during the prototyping process, especially on production capabilities, processes, and constraints.
- Work closely with production to improve the quality of content produced
- Support content managers in production management as assigned.
- Ensure smooth transition of the previous team as required
- When necessary, may be required by the Content Manager to take on projects or tasks in content development or content production, on the same level as an Assistant Content Development Officer or Assistant Production Officer respectively.
- When necessary, may be required by the Content Manager or direct manager/supervisor to take on content department ad-hoc projects or tasks that are outside of standard content development, production, or QA QC phases. Examples may include but not limited to partnership building, or developing new content products or service offerings.
- In the case of downsizing in terms of planned resources, all team members may be asked to take on tasks below their current level, including but not limited to writing and editing of content.
- Carry out other tasks and assignments as assigned by the Content Manager or direct manager/ supervisor from time to time.
- Graduate of Bachelor’s degree with any course
- With at least 2 years of work experience in a publishing company
- Use of Microsoft Office or Google Suites such as docs, sheets, and slides
- Proofread/copyedit academic materials
- Has good management and communication skills
Why apply to us?
- Highly competitive salary
- HMO upon regularization with additional 1 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- Monthly performance bonus
- 10 VL and 10 SL (unused SL is convertible to cash annually)
- Company issued item
- Promotion opportunities
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Government-mandated benefits
- Available for communications and should be responsive anytime during office hours, from Mondays to Fridays, especially when needed for urgent concerns.
- Remote work/WFH
- Comply to work management systems, reports, and other policies from the Content Manager and the company.
1. Application Form
2. Endorsement of Exam Package
2. Endorsement of Exam Package
- Subject-Based Exam: use to assess the Subject Matter Expertise or the extensive knowledge of the subject you're applying for.
- General Language Mechanical Test (GLMT): use to assess the candidates' Language Proficiency.
- Checking of Exam package. Please allow 3-4 calendar days for the evaluation result.
- To final check the professional experience, skill levels, and culture fit with the team.