Senior Data Scientist
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Global Product Development team. The Senior Data Engineer will work alongside other data professionals in the Data Intelligence team to build and enhance our data infrastructure and frameworks for data mining and visualization of complex data sets. In this role, the Senior Data Scientist will also interact with engineering, marketing, sales, and other teams, in Indonesia, the Philippines and Japan, to leverage data in understanding our customer needs and inform our product strategy.
Job description and responsibilities
- Set standards on data science framework and best practices for the organization
- Work with the senior engineering and business teams to solve complex data problems
- Shape the direction of research or analytics initiatives in terms of approach and data framework
- Mentor Data Scientists as needed
- Lead a team on initiatives to research the relevant data science approaches and support their implementation.
- Identify the impact of data science solutions and create metrics to measure them.
- Present crafted solutions and proposals to critical stakeholders such as upper management and Leaders in different departments.
- At least 5 years of related working experience in a Senior Data Scientist role
- Experience in building end-to-end machine learning models, using architectures such as random forests, gradient-boosted trees, and neural networks, with a strong understanding of the Business Impact of different options
- Able to hack/wrangle high complexity data using appropriate techniques or algorithms in order to create a data structure relevant to the problem.
- Proficiency with statistics and predictive analytics
- Familiarity with statistical concepts (i.e. sampling, variance, probability distribution)
- Familiarity with any data science related object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Scala)
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and practices (i.e. Classification, Regression, Clustering, etc).
- Familiarity with frameworks used for data modelling (e.g. Hadoop).
- Able to arrange undefined sets of data using multiple tools, and build automation into the process
- Ensures effectiveness and efficiency in the end-to-end process of applying data science into solving problems all the way to communicating the results and actionable insights with stakeholders
- Personal Development:
- Keep abreast of the trends in Data Intelligence best practices and skills through training and mentorship programs
- Able to provide clear guidance to colleagues so that subordinates can work independently
- Able to express their ideas and problems to colleagues clearly in English
- Able to explain data concepts to a non-technical audience
- Capable of employing facilitation techniques in obtaining requirements from stakeholders or designing data analysis approaches with other teams
- Tell the story of numbers: able to visualize data and communicate insights effectively to business stakeholders and other teams, in a way that converts insights into action points
- Critical Thinking:
- Capable of utilising statistical models to identify or validate medium-term or complex issues of the business, as well as recommend solutions
- Able to bridge discussions within the data intelligence team (among data professionals) to effectively collaborate on data projects
- Able to support colleagues in delivering goals both within the data team as well as in a cross-functional team
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with an additional 1 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- Monthly performance bonus
- 10 VL and 10 SL (unused SL is convertible to cash annually)
- Company-issued item (laptop to be provided upon regularization)
- Promotion opportunities
- Flexible working schedule
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Government-mandated benefits
- [Permanent] Remote work / Work-From-Home
- [Optional] Office visit once a week