QA Engineer (Automation)
Work as part of our Global Team in designing and developing performance and load Testing scripts to measure system performance and identify bottlenecks. There will be some opportunities to develop test automation scripts at UI and API levels for Quipper’s Web and Mobile applications.
Appeal of the work
- Become a distributor of Wisdom
- Be involved and contribute to the future of Global Education!
- Be part of the team that wants to change the world through education
- Global Team
- Get the chance to meet and collaborate with the best developers from around the world. Quipper has bases in Tokyo, Manila, and Jakarta.
- Have the opportunity to go outside the country for international team-visits as we place importance on connecting the team members of each country to improve technical capabilities and teamwork.
- Opportunity to enhance technical skills through the internal open source program for overseas training and conferences
- Development Environment for Productivity
- We at Quipper focus on productivity, so we use services like Firebase and CircleCI for infrastructure (CI), then Zeplin for distributing designs to our engineers, and GitHub for development and issue tracking.
- We plan to integrate Load Testing and Test Automation into our daily workflow and establish a solid process to improve product releases.
- Quipper makes tools every day to make production more intuitive and convenient. How about sharing your own tools to improve Global Education?
- Learn and review beautiful code. We make sure to produce high-quality code before releasing it to the world. Code Reviews and Unit Tests are an integral part of Quipper product development.
- Work from home. The new normal. You can work from anywhere you want.
- Users-First Agile Product Development
- We are able to do fast-paced service improvements and feature roll-outs with help from everyone at Quipper from marketing, sales, engineers, and designers by active and iterative collaboration through GitHub and Slack.
- Our services and features are developed and improved using factual empirical data. We observe our valuable users by going to schools around the world and listen to their voices and seek what they need and what works for each of them. But if you don’t like going out, we also do App Interaction Analytics, so you know which services are most used!
- Participate in sprint briefing, technical discussion, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospective
- Write maintainable Test / Load Testing code that conforms to the architecture pattern that the team follows
- Able to work with Developers and Business stakeholders in
- Write user journeys and load testing scripts
- Convert manual test cases to test automation code (mobile/web)
- Refine user stories and acceptance criteria during sprint planning
- Maintain test pipelines on our CI/CD servers
- Good English communication skills and ability to express oneself properly
- Has solid skills for debugging to identify defects in code and fix them
- Has at least 2 years of testing experience
- Uses git for source code version control
- Professional work experience in automated testing of RESTful APIs and web services
- Professional work experience in automated testing using at least one of the following
- Experience working with load testing tools (Locust Preferred)
- Capable of training test automation engineers in the team
Technology / Tools that We are Using
- Locust for Backend Load Testing
- Espresso for Android Instrumentation Test
- Firebase Test Lab
- Docker and Kubernetes
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with an additional 1 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- 10 VL and 10 SL (unused SL is convertible to cash annually)
- Company-issued item (laptop)
- Promotion opportunities
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Free location policy (support for working temporarily from global offices)
- Government-mandated benefits
- [Permanent] Remote work / Work-From-Home
- [Optional] Office visit once a week