Software Engineer (Ruby/Golang/React.JS)
Job description and responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be part of our global team in designing and developing web applications for students and teachers around the world including Japan, Indonesia, and the Philippines to provide a high-quality user experience in a given environment for more effective, more efficient, and continuous productive learning.
Appeal of the work
Quipper has bases in Tokyo, Manila, and Jakarta. Our members across the world work together using GitHub and Slack. Get the chance to meet and collaborate with the best developers from around the world.
・Product Development Focused on Users
In developing a product, we think it’s important to keep improving the overall service by observing the user reactions and making small modifications. People in marketing and sales, as well as designers and products also often discuss and review the services on GitHub.
Our engineers and designers go around schools in the world, listen to the voices of users, and seek a UI that is globally adopted and easy for anyone to use, and a UX that works fast with any line in the world for more enjoyable learning overall.
Technologies and tools used at Quipper:
- Language: Ruby, TypeScript, etc.
- Framework: Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, etc.
- Database: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Empathy with our mission “Distributors of Wisdom” and “Revolutionizing Distribution of Knowledge,” and for our style of Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in developing software applications
- For back-end engineers: Experience in development using Ruby on Rails or Golang
- For front-end engineers: Experience in developing rich front-end such as ReactJS or NextJS
- For full-stack engineers: Experience in developing both back-end and front-end
- Experience in lead technical design of feature increments
- Experience in lead code analysis to identify issues and optimize for performance
- Responsible for code quality and production health of all components in scope for their squad
- Acts as the technical person-in-charge for the squad in absence of an Engineering Manager
- Provide technical advice as a subject matter expert for the features in scope for the Squad and in their field of expertise
- Mentor Engineers in matters of technical proficiency
- Adaptive (easily adjusts to sudden changes)
- Strong interpersonal, intrapersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
Why apply to us?
- We believe in creating a highly innovative, exciting and collaborative working environment that continuously fuels our double digit growth YOY
- You will collaborate with a diverse group of talent who have a broad range of experience leading in technology and e-commerce (e.g. International top MBA grads, ex-Bigtech. ex-FMCG, ex-Consulting firm)
- Our team is highly passionate about our mission to “Bring the Best Education to Every Corner of the World” and hope that you could bring your unique skills and talent to make this happen in the Philippines!
Benefits and Perks:
- [Permanent] Work from home / remote work
- Competitive salary
- Career mobility: the opportunity to define your career path across functions or grow in your current position
- International working environment (multi-cultural collaboration with Indonesia and Japan offices)
- HMO upon regularization with additional 1 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- Monthly performance bonus
- 10 VL and 10 SL (unused SL is convertible to cash annually)
- Company-issued item (laptop)
- Government-mandated benefits
- "No Friday meetings"