Software Engineer – Web
Job description and responsibilities
Appeal of the work
Quipper has bases in London, Tokyo, Manila, and Jakarta. Our members across the world work together using GitHub and Slack. We also place importance on connecting the team members via visits to the offices in each country and seeing one another face-to-face as well as through a company-wide meeting every other week.
・Product Development Focused on Users
In developing a product, we think it’s important to keep improving the overall service by observing the user reactions and making small modifications. People in marketing and sales, as well as designers and producers also often discuss and review the services on GitHub.
Our engineers and designers go around schools in the world, listen to the voices of users, and seek a UI that is globally adapted and easy for anyone to use, and a UX that works fast with any line in the world for more enjoyable learning overall.
Technologies and tools used at Quipper:
- Framework: Ruby on Rails, React.js, etc.
- Database: MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: AWS, Heroku, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Empathy with our mission “Distributors of Wisdom” and “Revolutionizing Distribution of Knowledge,” and for our style of Engineering
- Experience in developing standard Web applications
- Output activity online as a software developer e.g. blog, GitHub
- Experience in development using Ruby on Rails
- Experience in developing rich front-end such as React or Backbone.js
- Ability to design and/or make proposals to enhance UI/UX usability
- Ability to work independently and with a team; flexible; and willing to perform various tasks
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Positive results-oriented outlook
- Has good oral and written English communication skills
- Flexible (easily adjusts to sudden changes)
- Strong interpersonal, intrapersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadline schedules
- Experience in developing standard web application
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with an additional 1 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- 10 VL and 10 SL (unused SL is convertible to cash annually)
- Company-issued item (laptop)
- Promotion opportunities
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Free location policy (support for working temporarily from global offices)
- Government-mandated benefits
- [Current] Remote work setup