Software Engineer – RoR / Golang
Job description and responsibilities
Appeal of the work
Quipper has bases in Tokyo, Manila, and Jakarta. Our members across the world work together using GitHub and Slack. Get the chance to meet and collaborate with the best developers from around the world.
・Product Development Focused on Users
In developing a product, we think it’s important to keep improving the overall service by observing the user reactions and making small modifications. People in marketing and sales, as well as designers and products also often discuss and review the services on GitHub.
Our engineers and designers go around schools in the world, listen to the voices of users, and seek a UI that is globally adopted and easy for anyone to use, and a UX that works fast with any line in the world for more enjoyable learning overall.
Technologies and tools used at Quipper:
- Language: Ruby, Golang, TypeScript, etc.
- Framework: Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, etc.
- Database: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Empathy with our mission “Distributors of Wisdom” and “Revolutionizing Distribution of Knowledge,” and for our style of Engineering
- Experience in developing standard web applications
- Experience in development using Ruby on Rails or Golang
- Experience in developing rich front-end such as ReactJS or NextJS
- Broad understanding of core computer science concepts
- Proficient in navigating complex & legacy codebase
- Ability to work independently and with a team; flexible; and willing to perform various tasks
- Willing to learn new techniques and learn new skills
- Positive results-oriented outlook
- Adaptive (easily adjusts to sudden changes)
- Strong interpersonal, intrapersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with an additional 1 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- Monthly performance bonus
- 10 VL and 10 SL (unused SL is convertible to cash annually)
- Company-issued item (laptop)
- Promotion opportunities
- Flexible working schedule
- Learning opportunities
- "No Friday meetings"
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Government-mandated benefits
- [Permanent] Remote work / Work-From-Home
- [Optional] Office visit once a week