Technical Product Manager (Web)
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager capable of owning and ensuring the reliability and maintainability of our e-learning platform. As a part of the product leadership team, a Technical Product Manager is expected to manage the technical parts of the product strategy and form close working relationships with development, engineering, and infrastructure teams. S/he should have the technical acumen and deeper familiarity with the nuances and inner workings of the engineering organization, they are better able to properly assess whether engineering estimates are correct, review technical specifications, architecture plans, and participate in security, scalability, and infrastructure activities.
Job description and responsibilities
- Uncover and understand the customer-facing requirements from service product managers and translate them into technical requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the EdTech industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Support the technology director to prioritize the analysis of data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems based on user-facing product roadmap from the service product managers.
- Follow competitors and conduct capability-oriented analysis regularly.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product when necessary.
- Serve as a platform advisor and subject matter expert to our customer-facing service product managers.
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- At least 3 years of related working experience in technical product management with high scalability and SLA or adjacent experience including working with software engineering teams.
- Experience with APIs, automation, and vendor integrations would be desirable.
- Experience in launching or managing payment systems for digital products would be a plus.
- Experience in agile software management and development (i.e. scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members across the Japan, Philippines, and Indonesia
- Strong interpersonal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong data analysis skills (statistical hypothesis testing, data retrieval & reporting) and problem-solving aptitude
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Management or Other Engineering or Technical Field
Why apply to us?
- HMO upon regularization with an additional 1 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- Monthly performance bonus
- 10 VL and 10 SL (unused SL is convertible to cash annually)
- Company-issued item (laptop to be provided upon regularization)
- Promotion opportunities
- Flexible working schedule
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Government-mandated benefits
- Work Conditions [Current] Remote work setup