Software Engineer – Web
Appeal of the work
Quipper has bases in London, Tokyo, Manila, Jakarta, and Mexico City. Our members across the world work together asynchronously using GitHub and chats.
We also place importance on connecting the team members via visits to the offices in each country and seeing one another face-to-face as well as through a company-wide meeting every other week.
・Development Environment for Productivity
The engineering at Quipper is focused on productivity. We often use external services such as Heroku and CircleCI for infrastructure which reduces time and effort to operate, in order to streamline management.
We have a culture that does not tolerate inconvenience and develop tools every day that make our work more efficient.
・Agile Product Development Focused on Users
In developing a product, we think it’s important to keep improving the overall service by observing the user reactions and making small modifications. People in marketing and sales, as well as designers and producers also often discuss and review the services on GitHub.
Our engineers and designers go around schools in the world, listen to the voices of users, and seek for a UI that is globally-adapted and easy for anyone to use, and a UX that works fast with any line in the world for a more enjoyable learning overall.
S/he will work as part of our global team in designing and developing web applications for students around the world including Japan as well as teachers who support them, to provide high-quality user experience in any given environment for more effective and continuous learning.
Technologies and tools used at Quipper:
- Framework: Ruby on Rails, Backbone.js, Marionette.js, React.js etc.
- Database: MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: AWS, Heroku, GCP
- Empathy with our mission “Distributors of Wisdom” and “Revolutionizing Distribution of Knowledge”, and for our style of engineering
- Experience in developing standard web applications
- Output activity online as a software developer e.g. blog, GitHub
- Experience in development using Ruby on Rails
- Experience in developing rich front-end such as Backbone.js or React
- Ability to design/make proposals to enhance UI/UX usability
- English conversation skills/ or desire to improve it
- Highly competitive salary
- HMO upon regularization with additional 1 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- Paid vacation and sick leaves
- Company-sponsored social activities
- Government mandated benefits
- Opportunity to meet and train abroad
- Free location policy (support for working temporarily from global offices)
- Flexible working schedule
- Work from home is permitted upon regularization